Sunday, September 19, 2010

Deployment


My lovely son, who is a Marine has left for deployment. My kids and I were able to spend some amazing time with him right before he drove off on the Marine bus. Our 4 days together were very busy. Taking a 9 hour drive to spend some alone time with him, bringing him to Vegas to spend time with the family, then back to Oceanside for the send-off. Though I was tired, emotionally and physically, I was drained from the thought I'd have to say goodbye, I wouldn't have had it any other way. All the extra hours in the car alone with him, was time well spent that he and I needed as mother and son.


I'm very proud of my son, and I respect his desires to serve his country. I've known he was going to since he was 5 years old. He's always just been the G.I. Joe and Patriot of our family. I love this young man and my heart aches that he's not home, and that I won't see him for 7 months, (possibly longer).


May our God guide his feet and protect him as he protects our freedoms.

If you are a prayerfull people, please life up this Marine in your prayers. Thank you~


A mother proud but lonely heart~

No comments:

Post a Comment